We, Adventure Camp LTD (“ACL”- registered company number 09468289) are committed to protecting your personal information.
- The Camp Kindling Website (https://campkindling.co.uk) and its related subdomains
- Camp Kindling official social media channels
- Emails sent via the Camp Kindling mailing list
It sets out how we use personal data that we hold about you and gives information on how to exercise your legal rights.
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
- What information we may collect about you;
- How we will use the information we collect about you;
- When we may use your details to contact you
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Personal data can include:
- Your name, address, year of birth or title
- Debit or credit card details
- Information about your devices, such as IP address
- How you browse our websites
- Details of products you purchase
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration or destruction. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
What data do we collect about our visitors?
If you purchase a ticket or other product from our website, you will need to provide us with your full name, email address, telephone number, credit or debit card details and billing address.
If you register your interest in a future event, you will need to provide us with your full name, email address and telephone number.
We do from time to time, ask people for their personal details in forms to subscribe to specific information or entering applications electronically. Personal information collected via this website and the registration process is controlled by Adventure Camp Ltd (The data controller). This data is only held for the specified purpose made clear at the time of collection. Your data will only ever be shared with a third party for explicit, necessary processing purposes; for instance:
If you book accommodation, your booking information will be shared with the accommodation provider respectively for the sole purpose of processing your booking. Our accommodation providers will use this information to contact you about anything other than your booking (however you may still receive communication from them if you have made other bookings with them or opted in to their mailing lists independently.)
From 04 August 2020, our mailing list will be processed by Omnisend. Omnisend act as the Data Processor on behalf of ACL. We reserve the right to appoint a new Data Processor for the mailing list. All Data Processors will act only on instructions from us.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will provide further details about why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
We comply with all relevant data protection laws in all our dealings with your personal data, and we will ensure that our Data Processors do the same.
We may also access information from social media activity, such as when you ‘like’ the website, share content, join one of our Facebook groups, or follow us on Twitter or Instagram.
Depending on the network, this will include basic account information, such as name, email address, date of birth and any other details you choose to share according to your particular social media account settings.
What do we use this data for?
- To contact you with information about your ticket registration, ticket or accommodation purchase
- To contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide for the website, or CVs or applications uploaded to our contact form.
- To deal with any query, requests or complaints you submit. Only provide sensitive data (such as information about your health, race or religion) if you are happy to consent to our using it to manage your enquiry.
- Verifying your identity (for example when you return to the website and have already logged in to your account).
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
- Improving the design and style of the website
- To send you our official Newsletter- which will bring you periodic updates on our activities, including other events organised by us, the activities of our charity partners, or services available to attendees. You can subscribe to the newsletter either directly via the subscribe link on our website, or via opting in on your booking.
- Sending you service messages about your account, for example, if you have clicked a password reset link. This could be by email, overlay on the website or push notification.
- To notify you of any changes to our policies and practices
- Communicating with you through our newsletters, but only to those who have consented to receive.
- Administering competitions and informing you if you have been successful in any competitions or promotions
- Compiling customer reviews
- Conducting market research so that we may improve the services offered. This can include using geo-demographic information from external sources, to ensure that localised services (such as the local ticket area) are protected.
- Sending a product to your home address
We may also use and disclose anonymised information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes. Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses, we will ensure that we notify you first. When we do this we will provide further information about why we are using your information and how we will use it, and obtain your consent in advance where needed.
We also log and use information about any service errors or interruptions that you have experienced in order to help us create fixes and to make technical improvements to our website.
How we may contact you
From time to time, we may contact you via email to give you information.
For example, if payment on your monthly instalment plan has failed due to your payment method having expired or to let you know when activity enrollment will take place.
If we have your permission, we may also send you newsletters or emails about our events.
What is our legal basis for processing personal data?
We will only use your personal data for advertising and marketing personalisation of content and services, analytical purposes (such as, understanding who our customers are and how they browse our website) and to track eCommerce purchases if we have your specific consent to do so.
This includes the use of data provided by you and our partners for profiling purposes in order to generate revenue from you so we can improve our products and services.
If you have given us consent to send you specific newsletters, you can unsubscribe from these at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of each email, or by logging into your account and managing your email preferences.
The legitimate interest pursued by us to analyse our website traffic in order to maintain the service, for example monitoring successful page loads or error messages.
Performance of a contract
When you purchase a product from us, we will need to process your details in order to supply the item to you (for example, to deliver a product to your home, we would need to use your name and address).
How can you access and update your personal information?
If you have a Camp Kindling account, you can update your personal information by signing in to your account page. In all other cases, please email us on email@example.com.
You can ask for a copy of the personal information we may hold about you or for your data to be deleted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
As an annual event, we recognise that just because you have not used your registration details to purchase a ticket in one year, does not mean you have no intention of using your registration to purchase a ticket in the future.
If you no longer wish to be registered to apply for tickets, you may delete your registration at any time (as long as you do not have a current booking).
Limitation of Liability
Whilst Adventure Camp LTd (the data controller), will use their reasonable endeavours to ensure that all material found on this website is accurate and up to date, it cannot guarantee this to users/readers and we therefore do not represent that the information contained in this website is accurate, complete, verified and will accept no liability or obligation (whether at law or otherwise) for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this website or for any loss of damage suffered by any person, company of other organisation from any reliance placed upon the information found on this website. Users/readers of this website should note that information in pages published in relation to previous years’ events does not necessarily apply to the current year’s event.
You have the following rights under the GDPR in respect of your personal information held by us:
- A) to access your personal data- you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the event holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected.
- B) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed (this information is set out in this Policy)
- C) to have your personal data corrected where necessary (please contact us promptly should you become aware of any incorrect or out-of-date information)
- D) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances (please refer to the appropriate data protection legislation or consult the ICO for details)
- E) To object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- F) to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business
In order to verify your request, you will be asked to provide copies of two forms of identification, which (Passport, Driving Licence, Birth Certificate, Current vehicle registration document).
You also have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113
Cookies may be used from time to time to assist us in presenting the website in a more usable format.
Information and the Law
We may occasionally release your personal information to assist law enforcement, to comply with laws or regulations, for example to enforce the terms under which you purchase a ticket, or to protect the rights, property or safety of the event, users of the site or others, including your vital interests or those of another person.
‘Camp Kindling’ and the official logo are all registered trademarks owned by Adventure Camp Ltd. All rights reserved.
This website (https://campkindling.co.uk) is owned by Adventure Camp Ltd.